8.03.2011

Daily 5/ CAFE

I am taking on a new task- I am going to implement Daily 5 and CAFE into my classroom this year. I am so EXCITED but yet so scared! I have a fear of being overwhelmed and just giving up!

I am going to have to tweak it just a bit to meet my schedule needs but I think I can do that- for instance I will only be able to do 3 rotations a day but I'm excited to just get it started!!!!


wish me luck! I could use the help and positive thoughts!

I am reading The Daily 5 by "the sisters" and have the CAFE book on order along with the Book Whisper!

6 comments:

  1. I am using it for the first time this year too and I am totally in the same boat as you. I keep having dreams about it. Good luck to you!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to tweak. I know that in first grade for Daily 5, I do 3 rotations- they HAVE to do Read to Self and Work on Writing everyday, but they can choose one of the other 3 for their third rotation (but have to do each one at least once a week). Good luck, I LOVE the Daily 5!!

    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you! You're going to love it! I also do three rotations (and "force" my students to read to self everyday). You'll find a way to make it work for you :)

    abby
    msalleysclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love Daily 5! Good Luck! I heard that the sisters only do 3 a day too from someone who went to a conference. Why it is called Daily 5, I do not know. But it is a great framework to help kids succeed in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We implemented Daily 5 last year. It was really Daily 3 for me due to time issues, but it went well. Hoping to tweak things a little and make it better this year!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading The CAFE Book right now and feel so inspired! I'm really excited about implementing this! Good luck to you! Hope to hear updates on how it goes. I plan on setting up my CAFE board this week!

    http://plug-n-plan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete