7.30.2011

Finally- a peek inside my classroom!

So I spent Wednesday and yesterday at school getting somewhat set up and organized! I was lucky enough to be able to stay in the same room again (just switching grade levels)- so I just kept my same fadeless paper up and changed borders before school ended.

It's still pretty plain but compared to previous years- I don't have much to do! We also have back to school night this Friday so I've been consumed with trying to get stuff ready and done for that. Some of the stuff that goes on the walls- can't be added until the kids arrive anyways. Here's the tour:

Looking in from the door-when I first walk in. (the two doors agains the wall lead into our pod area-a center workroom for the four classrooms in my building)

the wall with the clouds is my focus wall for reading - I must have not gotten a close up of it...



Guided reading area- messy right now- with the Social Studies board- we are starting with Governing the People....after that unit I will switch it to a science theme. The green board will be an A.R. board.




Back wall-Theme wall. I usually try and do a glyph each month and it goes on the fence and then monthly portfolio writing goes up on this wall. 

Computers and Math manipulatives/Games


Math wall:
Language arts manipulatives/half of library

Word wall, word helpers and library:


half of my library- it is organized by genre. 



Looking to the front of my classroom from the very back.

This is the front door where you enter the room. Calendar and clip chart are here.


Counter/Sink/window wall. This wall is still not done and all my little trinkets that go on the window ledge are still all put away.


Got this GREAT bulletin board idea from Amy Lemons (Step into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons)

Front- white board, teacher desk. (Did find out yesterday that we are getting Mimio's and I am super excited!!)

Pocket chart hanging from board is for centers. I have a lot of things missing from my board still. 


Word and Reading Focus walls-my computer and document camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment