2.17.2011

Egg-O Math

Since we are finishing up our unit on Relating addition and subtraction facts to 20...I pulled out my Egg-O math kits for the kiddos to do during independent activity time after they finish their math page. I took empty egg cartons and wrote numbers inside. For single digits- I only put numbers 0-9....for double digit addition I did double digit numbers.

I put two or three mini pompoms or bingo counters in each carton. The kids shake up the pompoms and open the carton....they add the numbers that the pompoms land on...I put two in for two digit adding and 3 in for adding 3 numbers. I made several sheets for them to write down their addition problems on. (I hope I explained that right)






I also made "money eggs" which is perfect since all the stores have plastic eggs out for Easter. I used another empty egg carton - and 12 Easter eggs...I put fake coins in each egg and numbered them. The kids take an egg and count the money in it...they do this for all 12 eggs....or 18 depending on the size of egg carton they are using....



3 comments:

  1. thank you!! i downloaded these for our upcoming easter centers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm excited (egg-cited) to print these off and use them for Easter. Thanks for having them be free. Also, just wondering, how's the teaching situation in California? I've heard good a bad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! We have done this with fact families! Thank you for the *freebies*! I try and offer as much as I can on my blog as a *freebie*!

    I am a new follower and would love for you to come follow me! I have TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather'sHeart

    ReplyDelete