2.02.2011

Meet the Teacher....

Time for a party! One of my favorite blogs to read First Grade Parade is having a Linky Party- and since I'm new to the "teaching" blog and need followers I thought I would join in! 

So, on to me! My name is Christine and I teach 1st grade in Southern Cali. This is my 6th year teaching- prior to teaching 1st grade I taught 3rd. 1st grade is where my heart is though! I absolutely LOVE it. The age group, the curriculum and the cute things my students come up with keep me on my toes all day everyday! I am constantly coming up with activities, centers and fun things to keep my 1st graders engaged. I L.O.V.E DJ Inkers - {read: OBSESSED} with anything that has to do with DJ clipart! Anything I can recreate or come up with using it- I will! 

I received my bachelor's degree from Cal Poly Pomona along with my Multiple subject teaching credential in 2005. I then completed my Master's degree in Educational Leadership and Administration and hold an Administrative credential. I hope to one day get out of the classroom and try my hand at leadership.....but that's all for another day. 

I am married to my wonderful husband-{we met in H.S.}- dated for 7 years and then got married in July of 2006.

Our Wedding Day: 
Photobucket



Some random photos of the Hubby and Me:
Vegas:
Photobucket
Photobucket

We have an English bulldog named Mason-
Photobucket

We also had our first daughter- Lyla McKenna in November of 2009. She is the absolute LIGHT of my (our) life and the reason I get up every morning. No matter how my day goes I cannot wait to get off work to see her smiling face waiting for me. We LOVE being parents {but how could we not when we have this little beauty}-


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:  I would L.O.V.E to be a Stay at home mom! I want nothing more than to be able to stay home with Lyla and spend every day with her.

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A: Reading- literally! I cannot get enough of books. The hubby gave me a Kindle for Christmas and it is my new best friend. I just finished the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and it was AMAZING!

I also enjoy catching up on my sleep, watching movies with the hubby and playing with Lyla.                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  At first a dentist- then a teacher.
   
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                              
 A: Reality TV....- I love all of the "Real Housewives of....", The City, Real World, True Life, The Bachelor, 19 Kids and Counting, Little People Big World, The Little Couple, Keeping up with the Kardasians, Kourtney and Kholey take Miami, Guilianna and Bill- I could go on and on...I like almost all reality shows!

Ok, Ok, ALL TV- I fill up our DVR - House, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, 90210. Southland, Friday Night Lights, Bones, Rookie Blue, Oprah, Ellen, 20/20, True Blood, Dexter, and loads more.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                   
 A: not living life to it's fullest......having regrets. Not enjoying time with my husband and daughter.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                               
 A: Hawaii, Louisiana, Disneyland (OK- not vacation since I live 40 minutes away but still)
                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  Always treat other's the way you want to be treated {my mom}

Be the friend that you want to have.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  honesty and trustworthiness.....as well as compassion.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A:  My ambition and ability to achieve goals that I set for myself.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                           
A: Jesus- I would love to have just a moment with him.


My MawMaw {mom's mom} and my husband's parents- all three have passed away and I would love the opportunity to just sit and chat with them all! Especially my husband's parents since I did not get the chance to meet them.


Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I HATE cheese!  I mean HATE!! I won't eat it....ever. I order all of my food without it and even my own mom makes thing special for me- if what she is making has cheese in or on it. I take it off pizza, order mexican food with out it and will not eat something if it previously had cheese on it :) 
That's me! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog over at the link party!

    Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francine Rivers is fantastic. I read the Mark of the Lion series a couple of months ago and WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is p.r.e.c.i.o.u.s! Can't wait to read about all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete